The Comboni Missionaries North American Province Cincinnati Mission Center is seeking a cook to prepare meals for the missionary priests and their guests. This full-time position reports to the local superior. The ideal applicant will maintain a clean, comfortable place for the members of the community and their guests in the area of meals and hospitality.
- Plans and prepares healthy, adequate meals for the community members and their guests, aware of any and all special dietary needs. This responsibility includes occasional large groups where additional food and service may be needed.
- Purchases groceries and kitchen cleaning supplies, paper products, etc., keeping sufficient amounts on hand.
- Cleans and maintains the kitchen, dining room, large dining room, pantry, walk-in and reach-in refrigerators, and equipment/utensils in conformity with health and sanitation regulations. The kitchen should be free of any heath or other hazards to individuals and the building.
- Reports breakages, malfunctioning equipment and other concerns or needs to the local superior
- Submits all receipts and invoices for supplies, including food purchases, as they pertain to the needs of the job, to the local treasurer.
- Assists in other related work on an as-needed basis.
- Purchasing in a cost-effective manner.
- Cooking a variety of healthy, balanced meals for both small and large groups.
- Ability to plan for and accommodate large groups.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Food preparation in small and large quantities.
- Knowledge of healthy, balanced meal preparation.
- Food safety and preservation.
- Knowledge of health department requirements, standards, and regulations.
To apply, please send your resume or work history to Steffany Reid at email@example.com.